Fasabrun Jamil
Life might take you down different roads. But each of you gets to decide which one to take.

“You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control.” 
 
Gayle Forman, If I Stay



I read this book last two years, given by Insyirah for my birthday present. I thought it was a cliche love story but she told me it’s a kind of different. Yes, it is different. I always choose to read happy ending story. But while reading this book, I found out that it’s a little bit sad story that I couldn’t help myself to stop. And of course, I did finish it in one night.

It’s totally meaningful. I mean, how close the person who you love be in your heart that you cannot lose her. But you have to let her go. That kind of feeling when you are trying to tell yourself you can live without her but actually you just lie to yourself. Pathetic, isn’t it?

“I want you to stay more than I've ever wanted anything in my life.” His voice cracks with emotion. He stops, clears his throat, takes a breath, and continues. “But that's what I want and I could see why it might not be what you want. So I just wanted to tell you that I understand if you go. It's okay if you have to leave us. It's okay if you want to stop fighting.”

And I was took a deep breath that time. Suddenly adapted with what he felt 😢.

I still remember when I was in form 4, I got a card from my ETA (English Teaching Assistant). She’s from US. I wrote an essay about a book that I like and the title was ‘Love Story’ by Erich Segal. Never thought that other people read the old love story like I did until my ETA called me and asked did I read that book? I was nodded. She seems so surprise and excited before she told me that was her favorite book actually.

And we both giggling together, knowing that we share the ‘ancient’ love story. But that’s not the point. The thing that I want to mention is what she wrote in the card.

People come and go. But the right ones will always stay.

That was the first book that break my heart because his wife died in the end. The wife, who change his life and show him what happiness looks like finally leave him alone. Oh my.

Okay that’s it. That's why I always keep in mind that, I want to be a part of people who stay ☺.

So, did ‘If I Stay’ same as Love Story? Nope. Because I think I smile in the end 😉.


Labels:

/* Mobile ----------------------------------------------- */ /* CSS for Tablets: Landscape ------------------------*/ @media only screen and (max-width: 1024px) { #outer-wrapper { width: 100%; margin: 0px auto; } #header-wrapper { height: auto; width: 100%; border: 0px solid #a1a1a1; margin-bottom: 7em; } #header { width: 100%; } #header h1 { height: auto; width: 100%; border: 0px solid #eeeeee; } #header .description { border: 0px solid #ababab; } #main-wrapper { padding: 2% 0% 0% 1%; margin: 0%; width: 70%; border: 0px solid #000000; } #sidebar-wrapper { padding: 5% 1% 0% 0%; margin: 0%; width: 25%; border: 0px solid #000000; } .PageList { width: 100%; } .post img { height: auto; max-width: 100%; } .profile-img { float: center; } } /* CSS for Tablets: Portrait ------------------------*/ @media only screen and (max-width: 768px) { #outer-wrapper { width: 100%; margin: 0px auto; padding: 0px; } #header-wrapper { height: auto; width: 100%; border: 0px solid #000000; } #header { width: 100%; } #header-inner { width: 100%; } #header h1 { height: auto; width: 100%; } #header .description { border: 0px solid #000000; } #main-wrapper { padding: 0%; margin: 2% 3% 0% 3%; width: 94%; } #sidebar-wrapper { padding: 0%; margin: 0% 13% 0% 13%; width: 74%; } .PageList { margin: 0% 0% 5% 0%; } .PageList li { } .PageList li a, .PageList li a:visited, PageList li a:hover { } .post img { } .profile { text-align: center; } .profile-img { float: center; height: 50%; width: 50%; margin: 1% 25% 4% 25%; padding: 0px; } } /* CSS for Small Tablets ------------------------*/ @media only screen and (max-width: 480px) { #header-wrapper { height: auto; width: 100%; border: 0px solid #a1a1a1; margin-bottom: 7em; } #header h1 { height: auto; width: 100%; } #header .description { height: auto; width: 100%; margin: 0.25em 0em 0em 0em; } #main-wrapper { padding: 0%; margin: 0% 3% 0% 3%; width: 94%; } #sidebar-wrapper { padding: 0%; margin: 0% 10% 0% 10%; width: 80%; } .PageList { margin: 0% 0% 10% 0%; } .PageList li a, .PageList li a:visited, PageList li a:hover { margin: 0% 0% 0% 0%; } .post img { } .profile-img { float: center; height: 70%; width: 70%; margin: 1% 15% 7% 15%; padding: 0px; } } /* CSS for Mobiles ------------------------*/ @media only screen and (max-width: 320px) { #header-wrapper { height: auto; width: 100%; border: 0px solid #000000; margin-bottom: 30%; } #header h1 { padding: 40% 0% 0% 0%; font-size: 2em; border: 0px solid #000000; } #header .description { margin: 0.75em 0em 0em 0em; } #main-wrapper { margin: 0%; padding: 0% 3% 0% 3%; width: 94%; } #sidebar-wrapper { margin: 0%; padding: 0% 10% 0% 10%; width: 80%; } .PageList { margin: 10% 0% 15% 0%; padding: 0% 0% 0% 0%; } .post img { } .profile-img { float: center; height: 90%; width: 90%; margin: 0% 5% 10% 5%; padding: 0px; } } /* CSS for Small Mobiles ------------------------*/ @media only screen and (max-width: 240px) { #header-wrapper { height: auto; width: 100%; } #header h1 { font-size: 1.7em; padding: 50% 0% 0% 0%; border: 0px solid #000000; } #header .description { margin: 0.75em 0em 0em 0em; border: 0px solid #000000; } .PageList { margin: 20% 0% 20% 0%; } .PageList li { } .PageList li a { } .post img { } .profile-img { float: center; height: 94%; width: 94%; margin: 0% 3% 15% 3%; padding: 0px; } }