How did you decide to get married?


I don’t. I mean, I didn’t decide when I want to get married, I just let myself go with the flow, not thinking much about it. But I indeed have my prayer towards it. I asked my parents and grandma to pray for me too. I want to get married with someone who is near. To be exact, from Dungun. But of course I am quite particular, and I keep the scope small. Someone who is from Dungun and Dun Sura (because it’s near to my house).

Years had passed and who knows, I am now marrying someone who is from Dungun and like what I’ve prayed, from Dun Sura as well.

We live quite nearby. Perhaps we had met or bumped into each other before this, but we never knew. We didn’t meet because we live at same area or from the same uni (get to know this after do the background research), but because Allah wants us to meet at the right time.

But of course, none of our story are perfect. We are from Dungun but we live far from each other. LDR is what we called it.

I always told my friends to not settle down just because other people did so. Marriage, in my opinion is not simple, but not that complicated. It’s about two people trying to adjust into the new environment together.

I read a lot about marriage problems but none of them stay in my mind. Read, and let them go. That’s what my husband told me. And now, approaching 30 next year, I don’t have time to read them. I think my reading habit also change. I am more towards non-fiction, business, issues, self dev and biography.

Different people are facing different commitments. So I’m not comparing myself with others. As long as we can live happily, we don’t weighing ourselves thinking about what to come. Live, as it is.

I am no longer into drama. I have a dream, to build a family like what my parents and parents in law have. A harmonious family. Because I believe, a happy kid comes from a happy family. I want my kids to be happy, to feel safe and to find home as a heaven for them.


Marriage, for me is not just a commitment. It is a dedication.

Comments

back to top